Friday, February 17, 2012

29 week update

Pregnancy update and pic... feel free to skip.


 
Total Weight Loss/Gain: I'm up to 179.5 lbs. My goal is to eat well and gain only 3 lbs per month. Here's a pic.

Maternity Clothes: 100% - Some of the tops are getting too tight! Keeping them for after the birth.

Stretch marks: Nope. Ligna negra = yes.

Sleep: Dodgy. See symptoms and medical concerns below.


Movement: Steady kicks, especially in the morning and at night after eating dinner. We're talking minor earthquakes. Mr. Jem can finally feel them!

Cravings/Aversions: I'm getting my sweets cravings under control. I still don't want to eat slabs of chicken.

Gender: It's (still) a Girl!

Symptoms: Suffering from swollen and red hands and feet - I have cankles! I'm wearing shoes one full size bigger than before. Lots of aches and pains in my back. No charlie horses lately (knock on wood). I'm still really tired from the anemia. All I want to do is sleep in the afternoon. My cold is finally getting better, but I still have wicked coughing bouts. Monday I went to the chiropractor because my left ribs hurt. She said she thought I fractured my ribs and taped them, which helps. That night I coughed so hard that I actually threw up and peed. At the same time. (Sorry, TMI)

What I miss: sleeping through the night, but that won't happen for a long time.

What I look forward to: Meeting my baby girl!

Moods: Tired and super excited and happy to be expecting. 

Milestones: I just want to not be working anymore. I'm looking forward to the baby classes.

Medical concerns: Anemia, constipation, fatigue. Aching back and piercing pain in my ribs when I cough and when I try to get comfortable for sleep, which makes sleep even more difficult.
Sex?: Nope.

Misc: Relieved not to be having a baby shower. Looking forward to my mom's visit in March. Hopefully she'll help me go shopping for baby gear - I.kea, here we come!

~Jem

8 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

You look great!!

When I had that wicked cold last month, I was having 'leaking' issues every time I sneezed or coughed. I hope that your ribs heal quickly and that the wretched cold takes a hike!!!

Have fun shopping! When are you going on mat leave again?

Stacie said...

I agree that you do look great! Anemia plagued me as well. Once I got the anemia under control, I felt so much better and less fatigued. Hugs.

Lulu said...

Lookin good!

Circus Princess said...

So cute! And sleeping... Won't happen for a looooooong time :) so worth it though!

S said...

Aww, your baby bump is cute! Glad you are doing well in the main. :)

Jessica White said...

You look wonderful! Can't believe you're already 29 weeks1

JNS said...

Do you have a pregnancy pillow? It helped me sleep just a little bit better when I was your size and larger. Agree with the others though . . . this will seem like a lot of sleep once your girl is here! :-)

Rebecca said...

Ouch for the broken ribs!! Hope they heal up soon and hope you're able to get some better sleep.

Love the bump pic!!