Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July ICLW

Welcome, dear readers!

I'm Jem. Recently turned 40. Recently went through a second IVF that resulted in a BFN (big fat negative). The first IVF resulted in a chemical pregnancy from the fresh cycle and a sorta-ectopic pregnancy from the frozen cycle.

Tomorrow we have our WTF (what the eff) appointment with our RE (reproductive endocrinologist). Wondering if our options will change, now that we've had some epic fails under our belts. We may not just be dealing with male-factor infertility, as I've not been able to stay pregnant - egg quality issues, perchance?

Emotionally I've been vacillating between hope for whatever is next and numb depression at our situation. I am tracking my cycle this month - not taking my temps (I suck at that), but using the Clear.Blue Easy monitor to see when I ovulate. I'm currently on Day 11 of my cycle. I've never had a problem ovulating in the past, but who knows what all these IVF drugs have done to my system.

Usually I like to ask you all questions, but this time I want YOU  to ask me questions. What else do you want to know about me? 

~Jem

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, what do I want to know? What's your favorite thing about living in CA?

Happy ICLW, Jem! I am looking forward to hearing what your doctor has to say.

April said...

I have to ask what your favorite wine is.

Good luck at the doctor!

ICLW

jill's infertility document said...

Happy ICLW. I'm glad I found you today. I have to say I love your FU IF diet! and I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you. Take Care.

Chelle said...

I am so sorry to hear that all three of your IVF attempts did not work out. It is hard to hear of anyone going through it even once and not meeting success. I hope that you are able to find out what is going on and eventually become a mother.

Breen said...

What type of MFI does your DH have? We suffer from MFI and possibly egg reserve issues. My DHs MFI isn't "curable".

Tillie said...

Where is your favorite spot in San Francisco?

Do sorry for the bfn :( hope you get your WTF questions answered.

iclw#31

Kakunaa said...

Happy ICLW from #78...we also are dealing with severe MFI, as well as FFI. Doing an IVF cycle right now, and you have a new follower. I would like to know what your most perfect day was...and weddings don't count...too cliche. Good luck at your WTF. Though we have not had a post-cycle WTF, we have had a couple post Dx ones....and I say just ask anything and everything...specifically options and possible success rates. Ask to your heart's content...make 'em earn that money!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jem! I found your blog from ICLW. I'm also 40 and just finished IVF #2 as well (canceled after 8 days of injections).

I'm really glad I found your blog. I'll be following along with your journey - we have a lot in common!

Anonymous said...

Curious about your DH's MFI. We have MFI as well (anejaculation/torsion of the testicle). Wishing you the best.

An ICLW Visit from #107 (mfi, speedskating, strength)
liddy @ the unfair struggle

Anonymous said...

hi jem! here from ICLW. i've been a long time follower and maybe i've never commented, i'm not sure! anyway, so sorry about your recent BFN.

my question for you: what do you plan to ask at your WTF appt? i just had mine yesterday following my failed FET #2. good luck today! oh, and will you be more aggressive with the number of embryos next time? my RE is leaning toward 3 or 4 for me for FET #3.

Catrisha T said...

My question is "What do you hope type of options the RE gives you at your WTF appt?"

Stopping by from ICLW, and love your blog, btw!!

ICLW #16

Di said...

Here from ICLW! Sorry to hear about the IVF and your cat. My cat is my baby too so I understand your devastation!

Anonymous said...

Jem I have two questions, how is your baby cat, did you have to say goodbye? And how did your wtf appointment go. Thinking of you.