Friday, July 16, 2010

Healing

Not much to report today. Still feel like I'm under water, moving very slowly. Didn't help that a big chunk of one of my back teeth crumbled on Wednesday afternoon. Had to go in to the dentist Thursday morning and got my first crown. They make it sound all royal and everything. The truth is it hurts. 

I feel like I turned 40 and my body is falling apart. I wouldn't be surprised if one of my arms just fell off, or if I started losing my hair, or if I suddenly developed some weird skin disease. It's been one of those years. 

(I am knocking on wood that NONE of those things happen).

We have Mr. Jem's dear (fun) cousins visiting - they just moved to Arizona from New York. We went to the Giants vs. Met.s baseball game last night.. I am at work today and Mr. Jem will take them to wine tasting in Napa during the day today, and then we'll meet back at the house for a BBQ.  I plan on having a glass or two (or three)...

Tomorrow Golden Gate.Park and then dinner in North.Beach and then a show - Beach.Blanket.Babylon. Sunday will be Mr. Jem's softball game, then brunch, and then we'll take them to the airport.

Very full lineup. Should be fun. If I can keep my eyes open. All I want to do is sleep...zzzzzz...

~Jem

7 comments:

irrationalexuberance said...

I'm glad you have a fun weekend planned. I find that there is nothing like jamming my day full of activities to make me feel, well, normal.

On the "I'm 40 and starting to die" (at least that is how I phrase it to the Boy, who is 45 and none too appreciative), I think it's just b/c you are so focused on what is going on with your body, and because it feels like it is not doing as it is supposed to. Or something. But your arm won't fall off, I promise. You are going to be ok. And you will have a family. And it is all, eventually, going to work out. But until then? Go with the wine. THinking of you.

bunny said...

I read your post after returning from the DENTIST! I was having a filling replaced (nothing says decrepit like fillings wearing out...except maybe dentures) and the whole time I was in the chair I was thinking about the time one of MY back teeth broke. It's horrible! But if it's any consolation, it happened when I was 25, so isn't a sign that you are about to crumble to dust. Anyway, sounds like a great weekend!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Enjoy and relax!

Heather said...

You are so lucky to live in such a fantastic city. I'm envious. I have to go on vacation to do those things! I hope you have a fun time.

Take care.

Stacie said...

It sounds like a great weekend! I hope you are able to have some fun and relax. Enjoy your friends, too!

Amber said...

Your weekend sounds like lots more fun than mine! But you deserve it after having to visit the dentist. Yuck. I had braces when I was 11-13, but other than that the most serious dental work I've had is a filling (I have two). Hubby, on the other hand, exhausts his dental insurance coverage every single year. Crowns, implants, broken teeth, oh my! I hope it stops hurting and you can enjoy your great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like quite a lineup for this weekend! Hope you have a great time with the cousins :).