Tuesday, March 23, 2010

WTF canceled

I took your advice, oh wise readers, and canceled our WTF appointment for Thursday.

You are so right! A break aught to really be a break. I don't want to think about what to do next when I can't act on it until after mid-May. I want to climb back in my little cocoon of denial and just focus on other things. Namely, pain.

Not mental anguish, but the physical type. My left hip hurts. My left buttock, to be precise. Stabbing pain, with additional pain in my left knee. Seeing my chiropractor this afternoon.

Jem

8 comments:

Type A Nightmare said...

Good for you! I'm proud of you! You deserve some time for you.

irrationalexuberance said...

I applaud your plan. Sorry about the hip though... I've been going to PT to work out a problem in my left hip/ lower back. Getting old is kind of sucking, actually....

Poppet said...

Ms. Jem - the point wasn't to fill all the time you are saving not going to WTF appointments with other kinds of doc appts!!!

Be well!!!

Pie said...

Hip pain? Not from PIO shots? I hope not, it took like a year for mine to get back to normal. Hopefully the chiro will get you all straightened out (haha, pun intended!)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan to wait :).

Hope they can figure out the hip pain and get that fixed up soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you decided to wait!

Best of luck with the chiropractor, I hope that helps the pain.

Be sure to keep posting your mini updates during your TTC time off!

Melissa G said...

Oh, bummer to hear about the hip and butt pain.

I hear ya, on the break thing. Before my bfn in December I made a presumptuous appointment with a new RE for January. And the whole week before hand I contemplated whether or not I should cancel. I later realized I should have. That appointment only brought back the heartache and anxiety I had been relatively free of up to that point.

Now go have a glass of wine.

Alice said...

I'm glad your giving yourself some space from IF. And, I'm so sorry for what you've gone through over the past few months. It's so NOT cool! Hugs to you.

I'm from San Francisco too. I'm thinking all of us bay area infertiles are going to get what we want soon!