Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Beta #4 - no results yet...

Still don't know what's going on, but had blood drawn at the butt-crack of dawn, again at the lab, not the clinic. They did an HCG, plus Folic acid, and a CBC (complete blood count). Dr. Alternative said they want to make sure my liver function and other things are doing well before giving me the evil drug that will clear "everything" out.

IVF Nurse called me yesterday, but wasn't able to explain much, except implied that it's not a viable pregnancy and they want to make sure there isn't any more embryonic tissue left that could cause an infection.

I have been having weird symptoms that tell me I might have some sort of infection. I don't have a fever, but, I know this sounds weird, but my right earlobe, where my pierced earring hole is, is swollen and hurts. Plus, when they drew blood on Monday, three hours later I bled when then I took the cotton ball and wrap off. I haven't mentioned this to the doctor or the nurse.

Waiting for Dr. W (who will be back in the office) to call me today with a plan of action. I'll update you when I hear something.

I'm not particularly upset about this whole ordeal, just sorta puzzled. And a little relieved to understand why I was feeling so out of whack.

Jem

3 comments:

Melissa G said...

This totally blows. I hope you get answers very soon.

Thinking of you.

Heather said...

UGH! I hope you get some answers today. I've been thinking about you. As for the ear thing, I get that sometimes too and have never been able to figure out why exactly that happens.

Take care.

Priscilla said...

I've been thinking about you a lot!! I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble figuring out what the heck is going on. So sorry it didn't turn out the way we all thought it would.

I'm keeping fingers crossed that you'll get there before too long.

(ps. I had a friend go through the ringer with an ectopic pregnancy after IVF and now she's 20 weeks along with twins. I know stories like this sometimes piss us off more than they help, but I just want you to know that I'm really rooting for you!!!)

Hang in there, Jem!!! ((HUGS))